Wednesday, July 18, 2012

The scene at the bottom of my garden

I know, I know, "You don't know what you've got 'till it's gone" but I really really do know what I have in this tiny village that I live in.

Early morning, before the heat of the day, open computer, cup of tea by my side, open file, review previous piece of writing, start on new passage, then next thing you know, hours have flown and my eyes hurt,  my back hurts, stomach rumbles,  the tea is forgotten and cold, but the feeling, the joy of having been lost in the story, makes me stop and say, "There is nothing I would rather be doing, there is nowhere I would rather be living."
And I count my blessings.
Now all I have to do is remember to do this often/always/forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you, can't promise to get back to you, but will promise to try to answer questions ...except about typos --teh bane of my life.
Aa' the best.