Monday, August 9, 2010

It's been a journey in both time and distance between blogs. This one comes from the cold fresh winter days of Australia, the week that my first book has been published in the United States and Canada. To describe the thrill of holding the book, in my very own hand, written by me, all by myself, alone, lonely, frustrated, elated, and strings of adjectives further, it is still impossible to describe.
This week I will be sixty four - sixty four and publishing a first book!
So how is it done? By sitting down and doing it. Writing every day for years now, and each time making a small leap forwards. The second book has been finished for six weeks and now the editing has begun. No it is not any easier, but it is certainly more rapid.
Great reviews for book one helps, gives faith to continue, but only when book two is safely published will I feel that perhaps I could dare to call myself a writer.
And today, when the cold winds blasted from the Antarctic, I found the perfect scarf, a tartan scarf that exactly matches the book cover of A Small Death in the Great Glen.
Synchronicity - Yeah!

2 comments:

  1. Well, after a year of living simply, the author returns. I have a feeling you could probably write a book set in Viet Nam.

    Still, to give up your knitting needles??? Such bravery!

    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just finished reading A Small Death in a Great Glen. Loved it, loved it, loved it! Couldn't put it down. What surprise to find out the author has a blog!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you, can't promise to get back to you, but will promise to try to answer questions ...except about typos --teh bane of my life.
Aa' the best.